As Executive Director of CSA Education, Pam has her hand in many areas. She helps to develop and maintain relationships with CSA’s clients. She also partners with the management team to ensure the best possible service to and effective communication with clients and to develop and support the strategic direction and business plans of CSA. Since Pam has many years of experience in mathematics publishing at both publishers and vendors, she also is creating and growing a mathematics team to add to the many offerings from CSA.
Having spent fifteen years as a math teacher and twenty-three years in educational publishing, her knowledge was essential in crafting top-selling educational materials for several industry leaders. As a high school math teacher, Pam’s dedication to her students earned her a nomination for the Austin ISD Teacher of the Year award. Upon entering the educational publishing industry, she quickly established a reputation for high-quality and accurate work, which kept her in great demand. She was later hired by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, where she rose to become the Director of Secondary Math, Portfolio Marketing, and Strategy. She also served as the Senior Vice-President of K–12 Education for Six Red Marbles.
Highlights in Pam’s career include the following:
- Teaching high school math from beginning-level courses to Honors Geometry and Algebra 2, which included designing and piloting a two-year algebra course
- Successfully managing project schedules and budgets for large and small projects, including mentoring and supervising twenty-seven content specialists and copy editors
- Working with authors and editorial, sales, design, and marketing teams to create one of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt’s top-selling secondary math series in Texas and California
- Developing successful marketing campaigns and strategies to win sales
- Collaborating with clients to develop the most efficient user-friendly workflows that result in quality products
- Developing a pricing worksheet for math projects based on expected level of effort, leading to more predictable costs and profits, which was quickly adapted into all other departments due to its ease of visibility and use for all areas
- Working with directors and senior staff to ensure best practices across teams
- Initiating a social studies department, growing both the math and science departments, and creating a system for all directors to know current, future, and freelance staff needs that was later adopted for use for all departments
- Collaborating with a new executive team to establish more efficient metrics-based processes while maintaining quality and high morale of the staff
- Training and mentoring staff in new processes that resulted in meeting sales, EBITDA, and other company goals
- Developing and overseeing global company initiatives
- Being named a top 50 high-potential employee in all of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Pam holds a Texas Teacher Certification in Secondary Mathematics, Secondary Art, and Secondary History from Sul Ross State University.
Besides mathematics, Pam also has a BA in Art Education. She loves creating still life oil paintings, but also enjoys doing landscape oil paintings of her beloved home, the Texas hill country.