American schools have seen an increase in students who are not native speakers of English. The relevance of making textbooks, ancillaries, and other resources accessible to these students has been acknowledged equally by policymakers, departments of education, schools, and publishing companies. To support this effort, CSA Education has joined both the human and the technical resources to provide the following:
- Professional and effective translation and transadaptation solutions
- Development of new literacy programs to teach early learners to read and write in their native language
- Development of programs to support English native speakers to learn a second language, which is a requirement for their college education
Gabriela Moya, Associate Director of World Languages, has joined the CSA staff to lead our World Languages projects. Gabriela’s 25-year career in educational publishing reflects strong leadership and hands-on editorial and project management expertise.
CSA has nearly thirty-five years of experience creating and producing educational content in all subject areas for all grade levels. We pride ourselves on a client-centered approach, enabling us to meet and exceed expectations. Paired with our team of thousands of carefully vetted contractors, we are able to scale the team with the right expertise to fit the needs of any project by providing the support you need to create the most innovative and successful product. Let us be your partner in your next World Languages adventure!
CSA Education believes that language learning not only provides cognitive benefits and boosts academic achievement, but it also gives learners the opportunity to get acquainted and reflect on the perspectives of different cultures. It helps them to connect with other disciplines and interact with diverse communities and in different scenarios with cultural competence.
We are convinced that both native and heritage students learning a language other than English and immigrant students learning to speak English for the first time can only be successful if they learn how to use the language to communicate effectively in real-life situations. This is why we prioritize communicative activities that are relevant and engaging to students while grammar and vocabulary are taught in meaningful contexts. Emphasis is placed on meaningful interaction, authentic language use, and functional language skills.
World Languages Services
Our content team is ready to partner with you on your next World Languages project. In addition to our in-house staff, we have Team CSA freelancers with native language expertise spanning K–12 disciplines as well as the 16 CTE clusters. Our core World Languages capabilities include the following:
- Translation and Transadaptation – CSA can translate or transadapt educational materials to give diverse students the opportunity to learn in their own language.
- Curricular Content Creation – Our team can help innovate and produce print and digital teaching materials that are tailored to meet the specific needs of world languages students and aligned to the most advanced trends in education.
- Alignment – CSA ensures that your materials align with ACTFL standards (or any other set of standards), promoting language skills and global citizenship. We can develop language assessments, comprehensive teaching courses, or materials to support students obtaining proficiency certifications for different languages. If expanding across the Atlantic Ocean, our experts align content with the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
At CSA, we make sure that our translators, editors, and quality assurance specialists are native speakers of the target language and are also acquainted with the current educational standards. They are trained to focus on:
- Using neutral and level-appropriate language that is easy to understand by students from different countries and backgrounds
- Ensuring that subject-related terminology is accurate and widely used by teachers in the United States
- Creating and maintaining glossaries and translation memories for each translation and transadaptation project
- Ensuring cultural relevance and appropriateness
- Following clients’ or internal style manuals
Promoting Academic Success
Our World Languages department is ready to provide programs, resources, and materials that help students acquire and develop new language skills, whether it’s learning a new language or strengthening existing language abilities. These resources promote academic success, ensure access and inclusivity for non-native speakers, develop cultural and linguistic awareness as well as cognitive skills, and open up opportunities for personal growth and future achievement.
If you would like to learn more about CSA’s World Languages offerings or meet with Gabriela, please contact us.